Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Starting off on the right foot...or left?

Here it is...the first day of school. As a mom...I am sending my oldest off to her last year of high school. This should be a great year for her. She's already been checking out colleges and is deciding which path she will travel down in the future. At one point she thought she'd be applying for UMD....but that's changed yet again (so I hear). Nothing much stands in her way...except when she procrastinates. I hope she got her summer reading done and actually hands it in. =) Sure would be great to start the year off with something other than an F in English. 

While one kid works on finishing high school, the other will be finishing elementary school. Sixth grade sure came quick. Aly is always excited for the adventure of school....friends, homework, challenges. Only one more week off and then she will get back into the swim routine too. Three nights a week back to UMD I will travel. The kid really is an otter. She LOVES the water.

Today...starts my second semester at UMD. Tackling another 17 credits. Should be interesting...although I'm up for the challenge of it all. The important thing is to always see the positive side. I challenge you this day to choose the thoughts that you permit to enter and reside in your mind. Ultimately they will create your destiny.






No comments:

Post a Comment